Whether you are visiting us for the first time or have been active with us for many years, we pray for God's blessings for your life!
We offer worship by connecting to God and neighbor, all grounded in the rich tradition of our United Methodist heritage. We have a beautiful sanctuary with stunning stain glass windows that serves as our meeting place for our 9:30 am worship service.
Our worship is from the liturgical tradition. Liturgy literally means "work of the people." Our services include shared written prayers, responsive readings and affirmations of faith that come from the variety of Christian tradition as well as those newly written for our context today. Our music is a mixture of traditional hymns and praise songs.
If you are thinking about coming to Wesley UMC for the first time, we have listed a snapshot below of what to expect on a typical Sunday morning. We realize trying something new can be a little scary and want to do everything we can to put you at ease while visiting. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our church office at 479.646.9702 or email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I wear?
Please come in whatever you feel comfortable wearing. Our most formal members wear "business casual," while our least-formal attendees wear jeans and T-shirts. We want you to be comfortable to worship our God in whatever that means to you.
What time is worship?
Sunday mornings at 9:30.
Where should I park?
We have parking on the side of the church and behind the church. We have visitor parking on the East side of the building by the covered drive.. There is a spot waiting for you!
Is there a nursery?
We offer nursery during worship.. It is open for newborns through age 5. The nursery is located down the hall from the sanctuary follow the signs to that space. We welcome children in worship and the squirms and laughter they may bring with them!
What Should I expect at Worship?
- First, we promise you won't be embarrassed or pressured to give money or to join the church, so relax and focus on experiencing worship.
- We'll be singing songs to express our love for God, follow along with the slides up front or you can follow along in the hymnal.
- You may also see Christian sacraments, such as baptism or communion, and we'll be sure to explain what they mean so you won't feel out of the loop. Everyone is invited to participate as shared in the service.
- Our pastor will share a relevant message to enable you to discover new truths that help you see life from God's point of view. We encourage you to take notes, if you would like.
- Worship is around an hour. So you can join a small group after service, meet new friends for lunch, or just head home for that afternoon nap.
Do you have online worship?
We do! We go live on Sundays at 9:30 on Facebook.